What are the fees and tuition?
California Residents: $46/unit
Nonresident Students: $264/unit + $46/unit enrollment fee
International Students: $264/unit + $46/unit enrollment fee
Residents of California -- except those who qualify for the Board of Governors’ Fee Waiver (BOGW), a state financial aid program -- pay only $46 per unit to attend.
Students who have not established residence in California for a period of one year prior to the day before classes begin pay the nonresident enrollment fee. Learn more about residency here.
International students who are attending Mt. SAC on an F-1 Visa pay the International fee. Learn more about international student tuition and fees here.
|Student Activities Fee||$11||This fee is assessed during Fall and Spring semesters only.|
|Student Representation Fee||$0.50||This fee is assessed during Fall and Spring semesters only.|
|Student Health Fee||$19 ($14 with BOG waiver)||This fee is required for all credit students, including part-time students. Applications for waivers are available in the Bursar’s Office (9A) or in the Student Health Center (67B) for the first week of the semester.|
|Student Transportation Fee||
$9 full-time students
|This fee is collected in Fall and Spring semesters only. It was approved by 81% of students in November 2014 and funds the Class Pass program, which provides students a free bus pass.|
|Materials Fee||varies||Different classes have different materials fees to cover the cost of class equipment, books, or other supplies that may be required. All materials fees are noted under the class listing at the end of the course description.|
|Parking Fee||$50 ($25 with BOG Waiver)||Student parking permits are required each term to use all student parking lots. Daily permits are available for $4 a day. Learn more about parking here.|
When should I pay my fees?
- All fees must be paid for when you register for classes.
- Deadlines for payment are posted on your My Mt. SAC Portal on the Student Schedule/Receipt.
- If you fail to pay for your classes by the designated deadlines, you may be dropped from those classes.
- After paying fees, you can obtain your Student ID at the bookstore in Building 9A.
How can I pay my fees?
- You can pay fees online with a credit card (through your My Mt. SAC Portal) or in person at the Bursar's Office (Building 4, First Floor).
- If you pay online, be sure to print your Student Schedule/Receipt which contains important information and deadlines regarding refunds and dropping classes. To learn more about how to pay online, read our How to Pay Online instructions.
- The Bursar's Office accepts cash, credit cards, money orders, personal checks, business checks, Rehab vouchers, and cashier’s checks.
Will I be refunded if I drop a class?
You may receive a refund if you drop a class by the deadline listed on your Student Schedule/Receipt (available on your student portal when you register for classes). If you fail to drop the class prior to the refund deadline, you will not receive a refund for the cost of the class.
Other fees paid at the Bursar’s Office:
- Material Cards
- Transcript & Verification Requests
- F-1 Student Application Fee ($50)
- Parking Permit Payments
Contact the Bursar's Office
For more information about payments, contact the Bursar's Office by calling (909) 274-4960, going to their office in Building 4, or visiting the Bursar's Office website.